Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Gingermelon Li'l Luvs Unicorn Doll

 

I've wanted to make Gingermelon's patterns for so many years and decided to start with the Li'l Luvs Unicorn pattern.


I had some leftover purple unicorn fabric by Timeless Treasures that I got from fabric.com (before it moved to Amazon?!) years ago and thought it'd be funny to make a dress with it for a unicorn.


I also had various laces from Laces on TaoBao (that I mostly bought for sweet lolita sewing) and scrap yarns (handspun or from Michaels).


Instead of embroidering the eyes, I wanted to try lashes. I stitched on some 18mm mink lashes that I cut in half. I would've tried gluing but I didn't have any around but I think stitching it into place may be more secure.


I didn't plan out the colors for the mane. I just knew I wanted to use the pink/orangey handspun yarn for some texture and then I just grabbed random worsted weight yarns I had around.

I really like this pattern as it's not too simple. It has more pattern pieces than a basic flat pattern but it's not complicated. There are only a few darts to sew and most of the pieces are sewn with the right sides out using blanket stitch.

I'm already starting another with purple felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment